In a mesh topology, every device on the network is physically connected to every other device on the network. Therefore, data can be sent on several possible paths from source computer to destination computer. Mesh topology is more reliable with better performance. Mesh Network Topology is mostly used in wide area networks where reliability is important.
Advantages of Mesh Network Topology
1. Since, there are many links to transfer data, Mesh topology gets rid of the traffic problem. Data may be transferred through different links.
2. If one link becomes unusable, it does not disturb the whole system. Other links can be used for communication.
3. Since each node has physical connection with other nodes, therefore, one node can transfer data to many nodes at the same time.
Disadvantages of Mesh Network Topology
1. It is very expensive due to implementation of multiple links for each node.
2. It is difficult to install and reconfigure.
3. Adding or removing a computer is difficult.
Topic: Advantages and Disadvantages of Mesh Topology