Actually, a Tree topology is the combination of two topologies: bus topology and star topology. A tree topology combines the characteristics of bus and star topologies. It consists of groups of computer connected as star topology. These groups are then connected to a central communication medium (bus cable).
|Advantages and Disadvantages of Tree Network Topology|
Advantages of Tree Network Topology
1. Many software and hardware vendors support tree topology.
2. It provides point-to-point wiring for individual groups.
Disadvantages of Tree Network Topology
1. If the main backbone line breaks, the entire tree network goes down.
2. A tree network is more difficult to configure and maintain.
3. If any hub fails, related segment will be removed from the network.