Today, we will discuss a basic MS Excel Tutorial with a lot of pictures on How to Create a New Work book, Save workbook and Apply Password Protection on workbook in MS Excel.
Here is a list of topics to discuss:
- Create a new Excel Work Book
- Save a Work book
- Password Protect a work book
|How to Protect Microsoft Excel File With Password
How to Create a New Microsoft Excel Workbook?
- Start Microsoft Excel. It will open with a new workbook already created.
- OR when Excel is open, click on Office button and click on New.
- OR Press Ctrl + N from keyboard
How to Save a MS EXCEL Workbook?
- Click on Office button and click on Save As option
- OR press CTRL + S
- Save As dialogue box will open
- Select the drive and folder location to save file
- Type work book name
- Click on Save button to save the workbook
How to Apply Password Protection on Excel Workbook
- Repeat the above mentioned steps from 1 to 5 as in SAVE WORKBOOK method.
- Click on Tools button which is before SAVE button on Save As dialog box
- Click on General Options
- Type a password in Password to Open text box, press Enter
- Confirm password and click on Ok button
- Click on Save button.
- Now workbook is password protected.
- Next time, when you open this work book, it will ask a password before opening.
|Secure Excel Workbook with password
|Method of Password Protection in Microsoft Excel