Q: Explain E-Marketing or Internet Marketing.
Internet marketing or e-marketing is the marketing of products or services over the Internet. It is also referred to as i-marketing, web-marketing, online-marketing, electronic marketing or e-Marketing.
|Explain Advantages and Limitations of e Marketing or internet marketing|
Advantages of e Marketing
- Internetmarketing is relatively inexpensive.
- Companies can reach a wide audience for a small fraction of traditional advertising budgets.
- The nature of the medium allows consumers to research and purchase products and services at their own convenience.
- Internet marketers also have the advantage of measuring statistics easily and inexpensively.
- The results of campaigns can be measured and tracked immediately, because online marketing initiatives usually require users to click on an advertisement, visit a website, and perform a targeted action.
Limitations of e Marketing
- Internet marketing requires customers to use newer technologies rather than traditional media.
- Low-speed Internet connections are another barrier. If companies build large websites, people with slow internet connections or mobile devices experience delays in content delivery.
- From the buyer’s perspective, the inability of shoppers to touch, smell, taste or “try on” tangible goods before making an online purchase can be limiting.