|Excel Worksheet For College Admission Inquiries Performance Report|
The Excel worksheet about Admission inquiries performance report will perform the following tasks:
- It will record Serial No., Date, Inquiries for ICS, B.Sc.(ACS) and MCS
- It will calculate total inquiries by adding the inquiries of the three classes.
- It will output a message in Performance column as given below:
- Show a message “Excellent” for inquiries greter than or equal to 100
- Show a message “Good” for inquiries greter than or equal to 80
- Show a message “Satidfactory” for inquiries greter than or equal to 40
- Show a message “Unsatisfactory” otherwise, that is when inquiries are less than 40 per day.
Steps to create Admission Inquiries of a College Worksheet in Excel
1. Prepare the basic admission inquiries worksheet with proper formatting
Guidelines for Formatting the Admission Inquiries Performance Report Worksheet
|Apply Merge and center option in Excel worksheet|
|Apply middle align option in Excel worksheet|
You can increase font size of the text in cells:
You can apply borders option to selected cells in the worksheet as shown in the following picture:
You can insert word art in Excel worksheet as shown in the image below:
|You can insert word art in Excel worksheet|
2. Enter sample data in worksheet as shown in the figure.
3. Enter necessary formulas and predefined functions
4. First of all, when you start work on the worksheet, save the workbook with a proper name as College Admissions Inquiries Report Worksheet. During your work, press CTRL + S from keyboard to save changes, often.
How To Use Necessary Formulas and Functions
In this worksheet, we will use two functions according to the requirements
1. SUM function
2. IF function
Using SUM function to get Total Inquiries
Place cursor in cell referenced by F4.
Type name of function that is SUM
Type address of ICS cell referenced by C4
Type a colon :
Type address of cell MCS referenced by address E4
The total of inquiries will be shown in cell F4.
|Apply Sum function in Excel worksheet|
Using Logical IF Function To Show Suitable Message according to Total Inquiries
We will use IF function as following:
Syntax of IF logical function is:
IF(Logical-Test, Value-If-True, Value-If-False)
Example of IF Function is
It will give Satisfactory if cell F4 contains a number greater than or equal to forty or it will return Unsstisfactory otherwise, when less than forty.